- Short Pastry
- Sift the flour & salt into a bowl. Add the butter and rub between your fingers
until it resembles breadcrumbs and there are no lumps of butter.
- Make a well in the centre and add the water. Gradually work the crumbs into the water,
when the dough starts to form transfer it to the bench & knead for just a fewseconds
until it is even & smooth.
It is important not to over-knead the dough as this will cause it to shrink
and become tough during baking.
- Wrap the dough in plastic & refrigerate for 1 hour to rest.
your oven to 180۫c.
- On a floured bench, place your dough and flour the top. Roll the dough out to 3mm
- Cut out to 5mm larger than you need, place the round into flan moulds, place baking paper onto the
pastry and fill with baking beads or raw rice.
- Bake for 12 minutes, remove paper & beads & return to oven for 2 minutes.
- The pastry should look dry throughout.
- Pre-heat oven to 180۫c.
- Place the pumpkin, garlic cloves, ground cumin, salt, pepper & oil
in a bowl. Toss to combine then spread out on a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove for oven pull out the garlic, remove the skin & chop. Add back to the pumpkin
with the oregano & olives.
- Fill the pastry cases, top with Binnorie Herb & Garlic Fromage
Fraiche and reheat for 5 minutes in the oven. Sprinkle with chopped parsley & serve.